You may be eligible to apply to become an Australian citizen by descent if:
- you were born outside Australia.
- one of your parents was an Australian citizen at the time of your birth.
To apply for this visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- born outside of Australia;
- at least one of your parents must have been an Australian citizen when you were born;
- have evidence that one of your parents was an Australian citizen at the time of your birth;
- if you are 18 years of age or over, good character documents.