This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in regional or low-population growth metropolitan areas of Australia for up to four years.
There are three pathways to the visa:
- The Extended stay pathway
- The Invited pathway
- The Subsequent entry pathway
This visa might lead to the permanent Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887).
- hold a subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496 visa (Extended Stay pathway);
- be nominated by a state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible relative (Invited pathway);
- be invited to apply (Invited pathway);
- have a relevant occupation;
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation;
- meet the points test pass mark of 60 points;
- be under 45 years of age at time of invitation;
- have Competent English language skills.