Business Talent (Migrant) visas are permanent visas available to applicants in two streams:
- Significant Business History Stream: for people with ownership interests in large businesses.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream: for people who have access to venture capital funding of at least AUD $1 million.
The visa grants permanent residence status.
- You can either be in Australia or overseas when you lodge your application.
- If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B or C visa.
- Applications can only be lodged online via the SkillSelect system.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You are nominated by an Australian State or Territory government to migrate to Australia.
- You have been invited to apply through the SkillSelect system.
- You have a genuine and realistic commitment after entry into Australia to either establish a new business or to participate in an existing business; maintain substantial ownership interest; and be involved in the day to day management of the business.
Significant Business History Stream
For the Significant Business History Stream, you would need to meet the following criteria:
- You are under 55 years of age, unless the nominating state or territory government certifies that the proposed business activity is of exceptional economic benefit.
- For at least 2 of the last 4 fiscal years you had:
- net assets in business of at least AUD 400,000; or
- 10% ownership of the business if it is a publicly listed company.
- the business had an annual turnover of at least AUD $3 million for two of the last four fiscal years.
- You have net assets of at least AUD 1.5 million.
Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream
For the Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream, you must have a venture capital funding agreement of at least AUD $1 million through an Australian company who is a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).