- Ensuring meals are prepared in a professional
- Implementation of kitchen training manual and food handling
- Overall efficient running of the kitchen
- Purchasing/ordering stock and specialty items.
Hours of Work:
Full-time 38 hours per week (Plus reasonable additional overtime)
- Responsible for preparation, cooking and presentation of all food items within the kitchen.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and presentation of the kitchen.
- Requisition, storage and control of stock.
- Care and maintenance of equipment.
- Supervision, training and development of other kitchen employees.
- Ensure compliance with workplace health and safety practices.
- Assisting in the development of marketing strategies.
- Liaising with stock controller on food quality and portion control issues
- Responsible for the daily operation of the kitchen.
- Practicing proper workplace health and safety procedures.
- Other incidental and peripheral duties as requested by the employer.
- License required to procure specialty food items from specialty stores as required.
- Comply with the employer’s Policies and Procedures (as may be varied from time to time)